Wednesday 23 March 2011

Great customer service from basslures.co.uk

I wouldn't normally write about an example of good customer service as it ought to be the norm, not the exception.  But after an order to Bass Lures got delayed by a week or so, I received the following email:
Many thanks for your recent email. Unfortunately, we have experienced some technical difficulties over the last week at Bass Lures which has meant that the processing of certain orders has been delayed.

In the first instance we would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Secondly, we are able to confirm that your most recent order is being shipped today and this will include some additional items in your parcel free of charge, by way of compensation for the delay you have experienced.

We trust this is satisfactory and again, our sincere apologies. Your custom is highly valued.
Now this was following a couple of stroppy emails from myself and so I was quite encouraged.  Not only would I finally get the goods, but I would get some extra goodies thrown in!  But even my jaded eyes lit up in disbelief at what the "additional items" in the package were:

Wow!!!  A free Megabass Zonk Gataride 120 in French Pearl and a packet of Megabass 5" Spindle Worms!!!  I was speechless for a moment, because this generous offer wasn't as a result of my purchasing a £500 rod...

My order was for a Sakura Lure Washer Bag at a cost of £30.
Value of free goods thrown in to make up for delay of order: £30.

Now that is not just "satisfactory", it is incredibly generous.  And is an example of customer service which I don't believe I've ever seen the like of before.  So, hats off to Bass Lures.  Hip hip, hooray!!


Watch out for my review of the Sakura Lure Washer Bag later this week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...