Thursday 27 October 2011

End of the season

That time has come.  Yes, we still get the odd quiet day at the coast.  But with the daylight hours fast disappearing and a seemingly endless series of stormy days over the past two weeks, I decided enough was enough and wrapped up my kayak for the winter.  If you've not seen how I store my kayak, it might look even stranger if you're seeing it for the first time, wrapped up like a giant Christmas present!  Due to having no garden and a fairly small yard, the only place to put a 16ft yak is up the side of the house, with the help of fixed pulley:

Heavy green tarpaulin protects the yak against UV damage over the next 5 months.
So now is the time of reflection, tackling tarting on the internet and generally dreaming of next summer's fishing.  I'll do an article shortly reviewing this season's highlights and lows, the tackle successes and failures.

Can't say I'm a fan of the dark winter months.  I'm hoping to work on a DIY project or two, including a total rebuild of one of my rods and a better lure box.  Mind, I'm not looking forward to those cold evenings in my shed with just a radio for company!

Tight lines to those still fishing.  :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hola Kester.
    Momento de descanso para tu kayak,pero seguro que estas deseando volver a cogerlo,descansa.
    lineas apretadas.
    Un Abrazo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...